Properly and fully qualified professional estate agents have all the right knowledge and tools to assist both buyers and sellers alike.
Working with an agent who is well known and highly-regarded in the industry is key.
At the end of the day, the agent and the seller want the same thing: the property sold for a realistic price in the fastest possible time.
It has been proven time and time again that a realistically-priced home that has been exposed to the right target market will sell quickly.
A good agent has the ability to value a house at its true, market-related value, as well as have the advertising budgets in place to maximise the exposure.
The key to the whole exercise is finding the right agent to do the job.
Terence and Charlene McMurray of RE/MAX Dolphin Realtors believe firmly in marketing their listings as Exclusive Mandates. 75% of these mandates sell within 90 days and within 5% of asking price.
The power couple has over 40 years combined experience selling property on the Dolphin Coast.
Terence, who was named RE/MAX Dolphin’s agent of the month for both September and October, has achieved numerous awards over the years including the esteemed RE/MAX Hall of Fame and has achieved membership of the RE/MAX Premiere Club for 4 years in succession.
Together, they have helped approximately 50 families achieve their goals this year alone.
“It takes passion and dedication to achieve success in our industry and it is vital for sellers to choose an agent who has a proven track record in sales,” they say.
Closing a deal and seeing the transaction through to transfer takes a certain amount of skill and dedication.
“Don’t be afraid to find out more about the agent you choose to work with,” they say.
“A very easy way is to visit theirs or their companies web page or social media pages and you can also look for testimonials or reviews.”
Important and useful factors to take into account when choosing an agent are the following:
- Local knowledge: Do you know how long your agent has worked in the area? Not everyone claiming to be an area or Estate specialist actually is. Is he/she up to date and familiar with local market conditions? Can they advise on reputable Attorneys, Bond consultants, maintenance contractors , schools and community favourites like restaurants, beaches, parks, local markets etc. Terence and Charlene have over the years, developed good relationships in the community with industry related professionals.
- Does the agent have a valid Fidelity Fund Certificate? Buyers and sellers should ask to see this as it is illegal for agents to practice without one and the public is at risk dealing without any recourse should something go wrong. You can easily check this if you have email correspondence from your agent, as it is compulsory to display a ‘’Privy Seal’’ on it that allows you to verify your agents credentials.
- Is the agent fully qualified? Over the last few years the Real Estate industry has implemented criteria to which all practising agents have to comply in order to maintain high standards of practice as well as be able to obtain their Fidelity Fund Certificate. RE/MAX Dolphin Broker/Owners Simon & Kim Peacock are also passionate about training and all their agents receive training on all industry related, up-to-date topics on a weekly basis.
- Does the agent consistently sell property? It is no good that an agent has many listings but can’t sell any of them! Terence and Charlene currently sit among the top 3% of 2200 RE/MAX agents around the country & have consistently performed in the top 5 in their office.
- Where and how often does the agent advertise your property for sale? It is important to discuss and obtain a marketing plan before the property is listed for sale.
Excerpts from client testimonials on Terence & Charlene’s Facebook page:
“We were truly blown away by our experience with you,” said Chantal Sephton.
“Service and authenticity are rare qualities to find these days, a successful recipe for you both.
Pam Mills said,” Trustworthy to the extreme and so much attention to detail. We couldn’t have wished for any better service than we received from Terence and Charlene.”
Peter Schoon said, “Nothing has been too much trouble for you guys; your approach has been exceptionally warm as well as professional.
For a free market related valuation on your home, email TERENCE or call him on 082 895 4174/ 082 359 6722.