Win amazing prizes with the North Coast Courier and PrintWild’s “30 Years on the Dolphin Coast” photo competition.
The Courier turns 30 this year and over the last 30 years we have witnessed incredible changes in our beautiful seaside home. We bet that you too have wonderful memories of this past era. So this year our photo competition is a celebration of where we have come from, and who we have become.
You can enter a maximum of three photos plus a one-liner description for each of where and when it was taken.
You can go out today and take a photo of anything that captures the essence of what it means to live in our incredibly beautiful corner of the world or dig out a photo dating as far back as 1985.
This includes photographs of people, landscapes, animals and action photographs, anything goes as long as it was taken on the Dolphin Coast.
Photos can be taken using any photographic equipment, including mobile phones. Include your name, surname, contact number, residential address. The entries will be posted on the North Coast Courier Facebook page. Entries open November 1 and close November 30.
* First prize is a two night midweek stay for two at Rhino River Lodge valued at R7200 and an A1 Premium Stretch Canvas print valued at R1,000 from PrintWild.
* Second prize is an A3 Contemporary Framed Print valued at R850.
* Third prize is an A4 Framed Canvas Print valued at R500.
* The Community Choice prize (the photo with the most likes on the Courier Facebook page) is an A1 Budget Stretched Canvas valued at R720.
* If you take part in the voting on Facebook you are automatically entered into the draw for one of five voter prizes of five Faceblocks valued at R300.
Please take the time to read the terms and conditions:
* By entering a photo into the competition you are ensuring us that you have permission to use the image, if not taken by yourself. The North Coast Courier, PrintWild and other sponsors will not be held liable for copyright infringement.
* Photos can be taken using any photographic equipment, including mobile phones.
* Inappropriate entries including obscenity, nudity and other imagery not meeting the judges’ approval will be disqualified.
* Prizes can be converted to any PrintWild product of the same monetary value.
* Winners can supply any image for printing, high quality images will be needed for larger format prizes.
* Maximum of three image entries per person.
* Delivery of PrintWild prizes is included to major centres in South Africa only, delivery to outlying SA areas or international delivery is not included and will be for the winner’s account. The Accommodation prize will be delivered in the form of a voucher either by email or handed to the winner at The North Coast Courier offices.
* Photos must be submitted without the addition of watermarks or signatures.
* All photos will be branded with the North Coast Courier and PrintWild logos for the purposes of the competition.
* The entrants give the North Coast Courier and PrintWild permission to publish their photographs free of charge in connection with this competition, in print and online. Images will not be used for commercial benefit, only to showcase the beauty of the Dolphin Coast.
* The judges’ decision is final, no correspondence will be entered into.
* The lucky draw winners for the voters in the Community Pick award will be announced in North Coast Courier and on Facebook, however its is
their responsibility to claim their prize within the stipulated time or a new winner will be randomly selected.
*Any suspicious behaviour or cheating will immediately disqualify you and your entry from the competition.
* Employees of PrintWild and North Coast Courier may not enter the competition.
* Rhino River Lodge accommodation prize entitles the winner to a two night mid-week (Mid-week is from Sun through until or including Thurs) stay for two people. The voucher includes two nights’ accommodation for two people sharing, two game drives and three meals daily. It excludes drinks from the bar and room fridges, personal extras and the Zululand Rhino Reserve conservation levy. This prize is not transferrable, may not be exchanged for cash and must be used before 08 May 2016.
*PrintWild prize vouchers are valid for a year from date of creation, are not transferrable and may not be exchanged for cash.
* This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
* Have fun!